Monday, February 2, 2009

Dear Dad,


I missed you. I missed you during the Super Bowl, of all things. It wasn't even the Cowboys! (Is it ever?) But, I missed you.

We wouldn't have gotten together for a big party. But, I would have called you. We would've chatted a bit about football...maybe the Cardinals. Maybe the fact that we couldn't cheer for the Cards because they're always playing the Cowboys...and where do my loyalties lie.

We would've eventually talked about the weather. It's beautiful here. I'm sure it's snowy and cold in Utah.

I would've said Good-Bye and most of all...
I Love You.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Go Cowboys, oh wait they did not even make the playoffs this year... gotta love 'em anyway! LOVE the picture. I see your dad and Spencie in that little face!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how the tears flowed when I saw Monica's little face, with Rainbow Connection trailing in the background. Tears are wonderful,they are a sign you truly love someone.... Angie, I have downloaded some news articles from the rodeo days, Mike and Denny etc... where do I send???

Marsha

Angie said...

marsha you can send them to masmanning@msn.com that would be great to see them! thanks so much :)

erin said...

first of all, i LOVE this picture! second, i LOVE the letter. third, i totally cried in your kitchen as i read this. (i was sneaky and turned away so you wouldn't notice.) love this post mo. and love you.

Mom said...

I love the picture too, Gog. Where'd you get that anyway -hmmm?
We all miss him. I think about him every day. He was one-of-a-kind. He still loves you and always will.